Aquaponics - Silver Perch feeding dynamics

I've got to get hold of a better camera.

I was taking some photo's of my fish, and thinking of doing a post on their growth rate over the last 6 months, when I noticed the way they absorb a feed pellet.

It is quite interesting.

For some time now, as the fish have become bigger, I've been hearing a violent "thuck" sound as the fish take feed pellets off the surface of the water.








I was never sure if it was their tails simply making a splash, or something else.











But this seems to indicate they might be sucking in a stack of water with the pellet.











What ever is going on, it's making me think it might be worth revisiting with a better camera.











This series of shots spanned just 1/5 of a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts