Electronics - Soldering and sweet and sour mandarin marmalade

Huge day at the office today.

I learnt some stuff.

And got some stuff.

But mostly, I can make a LED flash.

And I can solder well enough to keep it flashing.

From where I stand that's pretty exciting, but I do understand if you're not quite as excited as I am.

One or two of these joints look pretty good.

Some look like they need a quick trip to the dentist.

But they all work. In fact they work so well, A program has been uploaded and actually works.



I also made some really nice sweet and sour sauce.

I added rice wine vinegar and a pinch of salt to my mandarin marmalade.

Versatile stuff that mandarin marmalade.

And tasty.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you are either using lead free solder, or spending too long "fiddling" with the joints. Use more solder so plenty of flux is present. That board has a solder mask, so you can over do it a bit an it will still flow properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 5 pins of the stereo plug on the right are a bit grubby because I removed it and replaced it due to it having a short pin that didn't make contact.

    But I take your point with all the other joints that I don't have excuses for :)

    As long as they keep improving rather than getting worse, I think I'll get there in time.

    I bought a solder sucker, so that will give me a bit more confidence when it comes to adding more solder, as I can always re-do it.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts