Aquaponics - My first plate fish

Vegetarians, this post might not be for you.

I ate my first Silver Perch today.

It was the one that wasn't looking so good. I figured I should put it out of it's misery as it started doing the "cant quite swim upright thing".

I also that I should cook it and eat it.

I prepared it as I prefer to eat fish. That's just lightly seasoned and cooked whole with a slice of lemon in the cavity.

The fish is probably only around 23cm long and I forgot to weigh it.








It turns out silver perch is a quality fish. Firm white flesh with a mild, subtle flavour, but not at all boring.

Also a gift to prep as they have large easy to remove bones.

I thought I would need to change my ways, and start adding flavour to the way I enjoy fish when I first started growing silver perch, but I could happily continue to enjoy them simply cooked whole with the natural flavours shining through.



All in all a great fish to eat.


120 things in 20 years just Aquaponics - My first plate fish

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts