Aquaponics - Yet another fish death

I lost another fish today.

And there is still another doing the fin on one side thing, trying to stay upright.

I found a stack of flowers in the bottom of my to pup water tub, so I guess it could be something to do with that as well, but my bet is currently on either the rotting bean and cok choy plant, or that I accidentally overfed them.

I cant be sure if this is still the aftermath of the damage that was done when I had the nitrite and ammonia spike, or if this is some ongoing problem.

I see ants in the water every day, and sitting on the rim of the fish tank, is a collection of ant parts that the ants have presumably thrown out their window.

If there is a pile of ant parts on the rim, I'm guessing quite a number fall into the tank as well.

I have no idea if ants and ant parts are bad for an aquaponics system, but I suspect they don't do any great good.

Losing fish Is no fun.

Waiting is even less fun.



120 Things in 20 years - Aquaponics - Yet another fish death

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts