Electric Bikes - My second electric vehicle

We bought some electric bikes!

Way cool.

Aside from sailing and messing about in boats, there is nothing so normal feeling as riding a power assisted bike.

You stick a battery and an electric motor onto a normal everyday bicycle, and you get an uncanny resemblance to the feeling you get when you go sailing.

Something just feels right about it all.

I thoroughly recommend it.

I bought mine from a company called Dillenger, but so far, I have nothing good to say about them.

That's not to say I have anything bad to say about them yet, but I've had a few problems due to damage to my delivery in transit, and it will be a while before I get an impression of the company as a whole.

But...

I started work on Mrs 120ThingsIn20Years' bike first, because I knew if I built my own bike first I would just drive away into the sunset and it would be weeks before getting around to building hers.

But there were some problems.

So I started work on my bike.

There were some problems.

In the end we spent a few hours at a local bike shop called MiCycles owned by a thoroughly decent human being who made my bike work.

Thanks MiCycles.

We'll see about thanking Dillenger if they finally figure out how to do customer service without being...

lacklustre

If they turn out to be a publicly listed company, I might buy a share so I can go to their annual general meetings and bang on about how poor their problem resolution is.

Anyway...

electric bikes are awesome, you should buy one if you can.

I know I sound jaded, but I today I rode a lot without drinking enough water, so really I'm a bit "near death" is all.

I see everything once, just like Yossarian.



120 things in 20 years has spent the last three days on the phone so hasn't posted anything.






2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to put an electric front wheel on my bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought 250 watt front wheel kits.

    Without pedaling, that gets you around 25kph on flat ground.

    Best thing ever when you are on a steep hill and using pedal assist mode.

    I suspect the mid-mount ones would be even better. They run on your pedal axle so you are using the motor through your gears. More complex to install, but better in the long run I think.

    I suspect the hubs would make great wind turbines as well.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts